On behalf of the National Information Worker’s Association of Namibia (NIWAN), the SCECSAL XXIV National Organizing Committee is inviting you to participate in the blended SCECSAL XXIV conference, to be held at Safari Hotel and Conference Centre in Windhoek, Namibia, as well as virtually through a dedicated ZOOM link,
from the 8th – 12th February 2021.
Registered and paid-up participants will be forwarded the Zoom links for the conference to their registered emails.
More than 60 papers will be presented from the following subthemes
- Access to information: issues and challenges (e.g Marrakesh Treaty; Cape Town Declaration)
- African libraries as drivers of the national development agenda.
- Digital Scholarship and Open Access
- Good Governance: Accountability, transparency and ethics by information professionals and records managers
- Inclusive libraries and library services: good practices and success stories
- Information for empowerment: achieving human rights, gender equality and empowering women and children with information through libraries and information centres.
- Information literacy and the Knowledge Economy
- Indigenous Knowledge & Preservation of Cultural Heritage
- Innovative digital technology-based library and information services in Africa
- Specialised information services in support of development
(e.g. in agriculture, climate change, health, environment,
industrialisation agenda, etc.).