More than 60 papers will be presented from the following subthemes
- Access to information: issues and challenges (e.g Marrakesh Treaty; Cape Town Declaration)
- African libraries as drivers of the national development agenda.
- Digital Scholarship and Open Access
- Good Governance: Accountability, transparency and ethics by information professionals and records managers
- Inclusive libraries and library services: good practices and success stories
- Information for empowerment: achieving human rights, gender equality and empowering women and children with information through libraries and information centres.
- Information literacy and the Knowledge Economy
- Indigenous Knowledge & Preservation of Cultural Heritage
- Innovative digital technology-based library and information services in Africa
- Specialised information services in support of development
(e.g. in agriculture, climate change, health, environment,
industrialisation agenda, etc.).
Countdown to SCECSAL XXIV